Wednesday, September 16, 2009

September week 2

A few hot days reminded me that summer's not over yet! But they're interspersed with cooler days - the end is not far away.

Here's what I came across this week:

In a College Terrace garden:
zinnias,
lantana,
southern magnolia seed heads developing (the little gems were still blooming),
sedum,
dried hydrangea blooms still with a bit of color,
a selection of gourds,
sweet autumn clematis,
fuits on a Japanese snowbell,
and fountain grass.
At the office:
pitcher plants
and Mexican sage.
Growing along the road:
tickseed sunflower,
and crownbeard.

You can see all my September week 2 pics here.


2 comments:

Janet, The Queen of Seaford said...

Love the lantana, it doesn't look like it is Miss Huff. I don't call this time 'fall' anymore, tis the soggy season.

compost in my shoe said...

Certainly feels closer to fall than we have been. Love the end of the season natural bouquet out there in the landscape!