Tuesday, October 19, 2010

August week 3

A short post this week since I didn't get out much. I'm resorting to using photos from week 3's past.

Help me out folks...I didn't label these first two plants. Any ideas? I'm sure they're something obvious. I think this was in a vegetable garden.
And this was at Lewis Ginter. Please don't mock me for not recognizing them.
Here's a harlequin glory bower growing on the W&M campus.
And here's a fringetree in fruit outside the Adams garden.
Flowers still in bloom:
cardinal flower
and sneezeweed.
You can see the rest of my photos here.

2 comments:

Les said...

I think your first shot looks like a rain lily (Zephyranthes), and I am sure your second is an Asiatic Jasemine (Trachelospermum asiaticum) sold as "Snow0in-Summer'.

Unknown said...

another great series of images!
http://thlandscapedesign.blogspot.com/